"Hey y'all! Lettie here-
I hope you all had an amazing summer, but now it's time to get back into the swing of things!
Today we had our September Theatre Society meeting, our first meeting of the year! We went over a few things to keep in mind this year:
- Auditions- Auditions will be Monday the 12th and Tuesday the 13th. This year, auditions is broken into two days, Monday for dance and Tuesday for monologues and your song. Remember to fill out an audition packet, which you can get on Mr.Marshall's website, the blogspot or in the drama room. INCLUDE YOUR CONFLICTS AND A PARENT SIGNATURE.
- Tech- We went over the point system and all the different crews you can join in our meeting today. If you are interested in tech, be sure to come to the tech meeting on the 15th and if you do not get cast into the show, join tech! It's a great way to get involved and help out a ton with our productions.
- Improv- Improv is another club like thing you can join though theatre society!Our improv captains are the lovely Kristen Killingsworth and Rebecca Strom and we meet on Thursdays from 2:15 to 3:30 in the drama room. This year we have the opportunity to work with an Improv coach from Seattle and have three performances during this school year.
- Ashland!- Just something to keep in the back of your mind for now, but it is our club's field trip during spring break to the Ashland, Oregon Shakespeare Festival. In the past it has been about $365 and contact Mr. Marshall or any of us officers with any questions about this trip.
- Boosters- We need your parents to get involved! Let them know that our booster meeting will be the 22nd of this month. Boosters help by either donations or volunteering and our a huge help to our club! So PLEASE make them come!!!
See you all next month!
Lettie Bocanegra (Secretary)
Rebecca Strom (President)
Okay... I have to....
Fun Fact of the day: Cherophobia is the fear of fun"